The history of the universe is the story of ideas. In the beginning, the Big Bang spewed the ides of physics that became the universe. The idea of physics...light and matter and energy and how two atoms interact to form a molecule is the original origin story. In time, those physical reactions led to the formation of solar systems and planets. On at least one of those planets the right combination of physical reactions led to biological life. The idea of biology...information can be communicated through genetic codes. Biological organisms were not simply reacting to external stimuli the way that atoms did. They interacted. Evolution describes how a biological entity adapted to its environment. A butterfly adopts a certain type of color to appear to be a butterfly that is poisonous. This allows the butterfly to be fruitful and multiply. Seeds from plants discover ways to spread their influence... Sticking to animal fur... ...
Our core identity reflects first our driving purpose: to leave a legacy, to connect to others, to provide structure, or to explore the spiritual. Second, our dominant approach to life...heart, mind, or body...influences how we seek our purpose. Do we seek to leave a legacy? Grounded in the heart, the rebel/outlaw seeks to leave a legacy of liberation by breaking the rules and over throwing the system. Centered in mind, the magician creates a legacy through transformation and growth for themselves and others. Based in the body, the hero seeks a legacy of victory and winning or at least keeping fighting. Do we seek to make a connection with others? Grounded in the heart , the lover's connection is intimate, seeking to love and be loved. Centered in mind, the jester connects through play and fun and laughter. Based in the body, the everyperson belongs to the community and fitting in and belonging. Do we seek to provide structure? Grounded in the heart, the caregiver provides str...
At our house, I gathered a few remaining items. Once I thought I heard cat paws on the basement stairs. Another time I thought I heard a bird squawk. I looked for Oliver to be watching and waiting at the front door. I expected to see Maggie run-up to the fence. All just ghosts and shadows conjured up from habit and memory of time and emotion spent in that place.
Comments
Post a Comment