Poem for Tim

 Sometimes you lose someone.


Two paths diverged in a wood. You took one and I took the other. You took the one I could not follow.

 

I slumped to the floor when I heard the news.

I remember the last time we talked. Late at night. Your place. I dropped off the keys.

 

When you died a part of me died too. Not the best part, but a good part.

When you died a hole opened in my heart. A part of me withdrew.

You were the trickster, the funster, the outgoing one. And I lost a part of me that was tied to you.

Comments

  1. This touched my heart with the shared experience of losing someone and how they take that part of you with them. I treasure and mourn the hole. Without the pain, how can I reach you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am sorry that I was not enough

The Problem with Modern Stoics

Identity Archetypes