Listicles

Life is not what one lived, but what one remembers and how one remembers it. (Gabriel García Márquez)

I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way. (Carl Sandburg)

Searching for the Truth through words and speech is like sticking your head in a bowl of glue. (Yuan-Wu)

The best way out is always through. (Robert Frost)

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. Do not mistake activity for achievement. (Isocrates)

Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen. (John le Carre)

Learning has to come from doing, not intellectualizing. (Derrick Jensen)

Every spiritual master in every tradition talks about the significance of small things in a complex world. Small actions in social life, small efforts in the spiritual life, small moments in the personal life. All of them become great in the long run, the mystics say, but all of them look like little or nothing in themselves. (Joan Chittister)

Some people look for things that went wrong and try to fix them. I look for things that went right and try to build on them. (Bob Stone, Mr. ReGo)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am sorry that I was not enough

The Problem with Modern Stoics

Identity Archetypes