At our house, I gathered a few remaining items. Once I thought I heard cat paws on the basement stairs. Another time I thought I heard a bird squawk. I looked for Oliver to be watching and waiting at the front door. I expected to see Maggie run-up to the fence. All just ghosts and shadows conjured up from habit and memory of time and emotion spent in that place.
These are not affiliate links. I will not earn any money if you buy something from this list. You will however support authors I like, which will hopefully encourage them to produce more work that we can all enjoy. I have always been a reader. When I was young, I would stock up on books before family trips. In college, I was a regular at the original Borders. My first summer in Ann Arbor, my apartment was across from a bookstore, which was cool. During the years of working on my PhD, I did not read as much as I would like because there was guilt that I would be doing anything not oriented towards finishing my dissertation. These days I am a Kindle addict. I value being able to download samples of books not because I can try before I buy but because I don’t spend money on books I don’t have time to read. When I worked downtown in Chicago, I read on the train. When I started working in the suburbs and had to drive, I discovered Audible. I almost miss commuting because I don’t spend ...
There is the yin and the yang. Call and response. Duality. But there is also the In between. This is the trinity. The becoming that is not yet. The now. The Zen.
Comments
Post a Comment